Basic Information of Cuttack District
- Total Population of the District : 2624470 (Census 2011)
- Total Subdivision : 3
- Medical College & Hospital :
- SCB Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack
- SBVPPGIP (Sishubhawan), Cuttack
- Mental Health Institute, CTC
- Cancer Institute, Cuttack
- District Headquarter Hospital : City Hospital Cuttack
- Other Hospital : Leprosy Home & Hospital, CTC
- Sub Divisional Hospital : 2 (Athagarh, Banki)
- No of CHC : 18
- No of PHC : 57
- No. of Other Hospital : 9
- No of Sub Centers : 332 (Out of which 6 SCs merged in urban area)
- No. of Homeopathic Dispensary : 27
- No. of Ayurvedic Dispensary : 20
- No. of UNANI Dispensary : 1
- Phone & Fax No- : 2301007
- Email Address :
Current institutional arrangements
The district health system has been envisaged as per the norms set up by the state to achieve the objectives of primary health care, which comprises of preventive, curative and promotive health. The Health system based upon the modern medical care has a wide net work of health institutions starting from sub-center level to tertiary level of healthcare institutions. The network of the health system is such that ideally it can provide health care services at the doorsteps of the common people if properly planned and managed.
Zilla Swasthya Samiti (ZSS) under the co-chairpersonship of the Collector oversees the management and development of Health wing and implementation of the National Health Programmes. There is one District Head Quarter Hospital (DHH) at City Hospital, Cuttack, two sub-divisional hospitals at Athagarh & Banki, 18 – CHC, 9 – Other Hospital and 57 – PHC(N) cater to the health care need of the people. There are also 20 Ayurveda & 27 Homeopathic dispensaries.
Progress under National Rural Health Mission
VHND (Mamata Diwas)
Mamata diwas (VHND) are conducted regularly in all (excluding mini) AWCs of all blocks. A new initiative regarding IYCF (Infant Young Children Feeding) has been started in VHND sessions & mothers are counseled regarding early initiation of breast feeding, exclusive breast feeding for six months & then proper supplementary feeding after six months. In Urban areas also Mamata diwas are being conducted in the name of UHND.
19 nos. of institutions have been providing free services under JSSK in Cuttack district. According to the JSSK guideline both logistic & drugs, etc. are being supplied regularly to all designated institutions as per their demand. Proposed BSUs are assessed for equipments and steps would be taken recently to strengthen and operationalize the Blood Storage Units.
New Born Care Corner (NBCC) & New Born Stabilization Unit (NBSU) Establishment & Operationalization
Radiant warmer had been provided to all NBCC designated 22 institutions along with other equipment & instruments. NBSU are being functional at SDHH Athagarh & banki and DHH Cuttack. The NBSU at SDH Athagarh is on the process of upgradation to SNCU.
RKS have been registered in 51 PHC (N) and 9 Area Hospital, 14 Block PHC/CHC, 2 SDH & 1 DHH of the district.
The untied fund has been released to all CHC, PHC (N) & 332 nos. of sub-centers including 14 nos. headquarter sub-centers.
Out of total 1917 ASHAs allotted to Cuttack district in three phases, 1917 of ASHAs have already been provided induction training and 1889 of ASHAs have been provided thematic training through NGOs in PPP mode.
Broad activities of ASHA :
- Out of total 1917 sanctioned ASHA, 1917 are in position.
- As per the provision for opening of bank account for all ASHAs, 1894 bank accounts have already been opened at Block level.
- 1866 Drug Kits have been provided to ASHAs.
- 981 ASHAs have been trained on NISCHAYA Programme for home based pregnancy test training.
- 597 ASHAs have been trained on Malaria / FTD out of 600 in all 14 blocks.
- 234 ASHAs have engaged as DOTS provider under RNTCP.
- 1250 ASHAs have already been trained on National Leprosy Eradication Programme.
- 320 ASHAs have already been trained on National Blindness Control Programme in 1st phase.
- 1894 ASHAs have supplied uniforms.
- 1894 ASHAs are attending ASHA Sector Meeting on every 3rd Saturday.
- ASHA Diwas at block level are being observed in last Monday of every month.
- 1891 cycles have been provided to ASHAs.
- 1894 ASHAs are maintaining ASHA Diary at their level.
- ASHA Gruha is functional at City Hospital, DHH, Cuttack & SCBMCH, Cuttack. 5 ASHA Gruha is functioning at 5 FRUs at SDH Athagarh, SDH Banki & Adaspur, Maniabandh, Mahanga UGPHC.
- 114 nos. of Urban Slum ASHA have been selected out of sanctioned 254 & 60 nos. of ASHAs have been trained in Thematic Module-1,2,3 & 4.
Gaon Kalyan Samiti:
- District wide GKS campaign has completed.
- Out of State target 1822 GKS, 1806 GKS were formed.
- 1806 GKS bank accounts have already been opened.
- Each GKS are being provided with Rs 10,000/- annually.
As delineated in the Orissa Govt. Rules of Business including instructions of Govt. from time to time.
Details of Services Rendered
- Reproductive and child Health programmes.
- AIDS control programmes.
- Leprosy Elimination
- Control of Blindness
- Malaria/Filaria control
- Iodine Deficiency disorder control
- Panchabyadhi system
- Universal Immunization programme
- Janani Surakhya
- Indian System of Medicine
- Homeopathic system.
- I.E.C activities.
- Drugs Control Administration
- State Drugs Management
- Disease surveillance system.