Employment of Cuttack District
The main objective of the District Employment Exchange is to implement and co-ordinate all programmes of Employment Assistance, Career Advise, Employment Market Information and Surveys and Studies in the District. The District Employment Officer is also responsible for inspection and enforcement of the Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959. D.E.O. is responsible for efficient functioning of town Employment Exchange and it’s sub-office.
Through “State Employment Mission” programme, District Employment Officer has to take initials to open-up avenues for self-employment and to create a conducive atmosphere for sustainable wage employment.
As far as activities are concerned District Employment Exchange has four major activities :
- Registration of job seekers for employment assistance.
- Sponsoring of names of registrants against notified vacancies of the employers.
- Vocational guidance to registrants through career counseling and providing employment information to them.
- Collection of Employment Market Information (E.M.I.) in Form E.R.-I & II.
Except this, after implementation of “State Employment Mission” on 2005, the activities of District Employment Officer has been increased as ,
- To monitor the Skill Up-gradation Training imparted to un-employed youth for self-employment purpose.
- To sponsor the Bio-Data’s of un-employed youths counseled through “Atma Nijukti Para Marsha Mela” in Block level camps for sanction and disbursement of loans to start any “Self Employment Venture”.
- To impart“Pre-Recruiting Training Camp (Residential)” to the candidates willing to join Indian Army