Agriculture and Farmers Empowerment
Agriculture of Cuttack District
To bring a shift from the present level of subsistence in agriculture to a sustainable and profitable commercial agriculture so that people would accept agriculture as vocational. To enhance productivity of important crops per unit area at least to match with National average increasing present Seed replacement ratio, availability of quality planting materials, Integrated Nutrient Management and Pest Management, Water Management , Farm mechanisation, and technology transfer to the farmers from Lab to land . To Facilitate increased long term investment in Agril, sectors both by private sector , public sector and private public partnership particularly for post harvest management, marketing, agro processing and value addition.
Following activities are being executed in the District. Work Plan Scheme
- Rice Development, F.F.S. in Production Technology in Rice including demonstration in SRI method of cultivation, exposure visit inside and outside the State, conducting Krushak Divas, District Mohastava.
- Sugarcane Development Schemes, F.F.S. incentives to Sugarcane Growers in term of inputs.
- Jute Technology Minimission-II- Demonstration, Minikits, seed production programme, F.F.S. ,Exposure visit outside the State and rating for quality fibre production.
- National Mission on Oil seed & Oil Palm subsidized Inputs supply, Minikit distribution, Sprinkler Irrigation, Sprayer, Gypsum, installation of vermin compost unit at subsidized rate.
- Farm mechanization: supply of Tractor, Power tiller, diesel/ Electric pump, Axial flow, Thresher – cum winner, reaper, transplantor, Rotavator, Combined harvestor, Bullock drawn implements at subsidized rate both under work plan & RKVY Scheme.
- Management of Acid Soil by supply of paper mill sludge and Gypsum at nominal cost with subsidy on transportation and material cost.
- Private Lift point (Jalanidhi) R.I.D.F.-XIV assistance by NABARD for lift irrigation point, Installation of shallow tube well, Bore well , Dug-well and River lift point at 50% subsidy .Under Biju Gramya Jyoti Yojana (BGJY) farmers (SF/MF) are availing subsidy of 70% towards drawl of Electric line up to the Lift point within 1K.M..
- Apart from the above activities, two flag ship programmes of the State are in operation in this district i.e. National Food Security Mission (NFSM) on Pulse and Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojana(RKVY) . Under these above Scheme Input required for Pulse Production programme are being supplied at 50% subsidised rate to boost up production & productivity & creation of Infrastructure.
- Extension reforms (Centrally Sponsored Scheme) to lower the disparity between production potential and production in actual in livelihood by bringing stake holders (Agriculture, Horticulture, Fishery, Animal Husbandry and Soil Conservation)to a common platform for bottom up planning & execution in Agriculture & allied sector. Different extension activities are being implemented in this district under this Project.
- In order to obtain maximum return by a farmer from Agriculture, the Department of Agriculture in the district has been always in search of new innovations such as use of new H.Y.V./Hybrid varieties of seeds released by C.R.R .I, Cuttack and O.U.A.T. Bhubaneswar and reputed Multinational companies, increase in seed replacement ration, fertilizer consumption.
- Ensure availability of seeds, fertilizer, pesticides through monitoring by quality control enforcement.
- Coordination with different department for irrigation scheduling, credit facilities.
- Soil testing of farmers for fertiliser recommendation.
- Self employment to unemployed youth through establishment of Agro Service Centre and Commercial Agriculture Enterprises with subsidy linkage.
- Empowerment of Farm Women through training on preservation, canning, mushroom production to farm women and S.H.G.